Dear client, below are the most frequently asked questions with regard to our services and their corresponding answers. We hope you find them useful.
If you have any additional concerns that are not covered in the F.A.Q. section, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to send us any queries you may have. We will respond promptly.
Welcome to Montevideocitytour.com.
1) Where do I board the bus? Where does the tourist bus pass by?
Your boarding location is selected upon your reservation. There are stops conveniently located near the hotels or wherever you are staying in Montevideo.
2) Do the city tour boarding locations have amenities such as toiletts, waiting areas, etc.?
You can select a hotel as a boarding location where you can wait comfortably in the lobby until we pick you up.
3) How do I find my tour guide or tourist bus?
At the appointed time, in the boarding location you have selected, the guide will present him/herself and ask for the passengers by name.
4) What documents must I give to the guide in order to board the tour bus?
You must hand in the corresponding voucher for the purchased tour or your identification.
5) How long are the tours?
Montevideo City Tour lasts about 3 hours.
Punta del Este and Colonia del Sacramento City Tours are full-day tours which last approximately 9 hours each.
The wineries and vineyards tour takes about 4 hours.
6) What times of the day can I begin my tour?
Montevideo city tour is offered in the morning and afternoon, at 9:00 am and at 3:00 pm.
The full-day Colonia and Punta del Este tours start at 9:00 am.
The wineries and vineyards tour is offered at 10:00 am, at noon, and at 3:00 pm.
Please note: The boarding times may vary slightly depending on your boarding location. Your approximate time will be indicated in your reservation.
7) What days of the week are the tours offered?
The tours are offered every day throughout the year, including weekends and all Holidays.
8) What transportation vehicles are used?
You will ride in state-of-the-art, luxurious, safe, comfortable and commensurate vehicles according to the number of reserved passengers.
9) Is the tour shared with others?
Yes. There are other people like you who want to discover and experience Uruguay in the easiest, safest and most fun way on board of our tour buses.
10) Is it a guided tour?
Yes. Along with the driver you’ll have a bi-lingual escort who is knowledgeable, reliable and will be able to answer all your questions.
11) What is the primary language of the tour? Does the guide speak other languages besides Spanish?
The tour is given in Spanish but the guide will be translating into English and Portuguese.
12) Are there any stops during the tour?
Yes. You will have opportunities to get off the bus and take the best photographs of breathtaking views.
13) Do children have to pay for the tours?
Up to 5 years old there is no charge on the condition that they do not occupy a separate seat. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 pay half price and have a seat on board.
14) What is included in the tours?
Everything that has been described in each of the tours is included, along with the appropriate vehicle according to the size of the group, plus you’ll enjoy the vast knowledge of our tour guides.